Council Service Program Awards
Remember, these awards are based upon one project or activity conducted by the council and not upon a series or accumulation of activities in a particular section of the Service Program. Consider the following areas when preparing an entry for a project or activity:
- Nature of the activity. Who was benefited by the program? How did it meet a need in the community, parish or council?
- Participation of membership. How many members participated? What percentage of the entire membership participated? All other things being equal, a program that had a participation of the majority of the council will be judged more favorably than one in which only a handful of members participated.
- Program originality. Was the program new?
- Committee planning. How effectively was the program organized? How much detail was involved in staging the event?
- Delegation of responsibility. How many members served as volunteers? Planners? How was the implementation of the project organized?
- How was the program publicized? Did council members effectively utilize radio and television, local and diocesan newspapers, and council newsletters?
CLICK HERE FOR SERVICE AWARDS BOOKLET